You're trusting a REALTOR® with your most valuable possession, your home. REALTORS® take this responsibility very seriously. Here's what we promise you:
- Your REALTOR® is a trained professional. REALTORS® take extensive pre-licensing courses in order to obtain credentials for practicing in real estate.
- Your REALTOR® is continuously trained. REALTORS® keep pace with the times by taking continuing education courses to upgrade their knowledge on a broad range of real estate related issues in order to be able to continue to provide consumers with current advice.
- Your REALTOR® does everything by the book. A REALTOR® must be registered under provincial laws that govern exactly how real estate can and cannot be traded. These regulations are your legal guarantee of professional behavior.
- Your REALTOR® is an ethical businessperson. REALTORS® must adhere to the extensive Code of Ethics of the Canadian Real Estate Association. Several provinces have additional codes of ethics governing real estate professionals. Your interests must always be put first.
- Opportunity for recourse. Should you have concerns about the professional behavior of a REALTOR®, provincial regulators and your local real estate board or association take these matters very seriously and work quickly to resolve any issues.
- Your REALTOR® has access to a local Board's MLS® System. A Board's MLS® system is the single most powerful tool for buying and selling a home. Your REALTOR® can provide you with exclusive features of the Board's MLS® System, such as immediate notification when new properties are listed. You don't have to wait for it to be posted on a web site.